Sunday 24 May 2009

I Shall Not Rest Until Jerusalem Is Builded Here, On England's Green And Pleasant Land

After the crit on Friday, the thing that struck me most was that my work is beginning to look the same, using the same typefaces, vector images, etc. So, I'm trying to think of a way to change the look of my work for this project. I've been doing a load of sketching lately for this project, so I might scan some of them into Photoshop and paint it out on different layers, change the opacity and you get this kinda watercolour-like effect.

With God as my witness, I shant be a one-trick-pony.

I also had a brainwave after the crit, I've been focused on conflict in shared accommodation, but it's taken til now for me to realise that I can take the term 'conflict' a lot more literally, and create images of war. I've been sketching a few things out to see if they'd work with the feel I'm trying to go for, still work-in-progress, but take an eyeful of this:


I thought the 'born 2 grill' thing on the helmet would work with
something to do with conflict in the kitchen, given that my
research showed the kitchen was the place where most of the
conflict originates. Thank you, Kubrick.

Slightly more developed digital version.

No comments:

Post a Comment